Looking for some bleeding-edge Adium users

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tuartboy, Jan 7, 2008.

1. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

Last week I needed something from an old chat log and came to the realization that I had forgotten to back it all up when I moved to Leopard. About 2 years of chat data just gone.

Since then I have been implementing a plugin and site designed to log all your adium chats so you can keep them backed up and synced from multiple computers. The adium plugin is not perfect, but working (I have to get back on #adium-devl and figure out how to dynamically add pref panes) and I built out the beginnings of the web interface tonight.

I am here asking for a bit of help. What I really need is a lot of real user data. I would like to know if there are maybe 10-20 active adium users who would be interested in getting the plugin from me and running it for a while.

I need people who:
    - are comfortable with the idea that I (and others) can currently see the chats
    - chat a decent amount
    - are fairly technical (can remove a bad plugin from adium on their own)
    - are running adium 1.2 and up
    - don't mind being pre-alpha testers
    - understand that there is no user agreement yet and when there is one, their old chat logs will be under that agreement or removed at their choice

If you fit the bill, think it's a good idea and want to help out, let me know on here, via PM, or the contact form on http://natetodd.com. I can only take so many, so it will be the first few to get to me.

Sorry to kinda spam on MR forums. :eek:

2. tuartboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

A little screenshot.

Attached Files:

3. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

sure,
    i run adium 1.2 every day on leopard.
    im very technical and i couldnt care less who can read my chats, so sign me up i guess.

p.s i love adium best OS X app out there! all it needs is voice/video chatting and it'd be pure gold.

4. tuartboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

Sent you an email. Thanks!

Headed to bed. I'll field any more requests in the morning.

5. tuartboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

Still have plenty of room for anyone if they want to try it out. The site is a bit better built out now and it you can be set up to make your chats private by default and limit other users from viewing them.

If that helps make anyone more interested...