looking for some cool fps i..e Rainbow Six (smoke, sniper action etc)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by patent10021, Apr 24, 2012.

1. patent10021, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012

patent10021 macrumors 68030

patent10021

I used to enjoy R6 years ago. Loved being on teams with smoke, grenades and switching between silencers and sniper rifles etc. Its been a long time and I have a new Mini. Would love to find a couple of games out there. Whats the newest version of Rainbow Six for Mac? Can it be downloaded on a store and played immediately? Do I have to use Steam or something like that?

What other games like R6 would you recommend? Battlefield? I'm not much into mech though. I don't like those WWII games either. I like the modern urban environments with teams.

There was another game I really used to like. Was a military multiplayer game where you could fly planes, tanks and just about anything. Took place in some mountain ranges, deserts etc. Great sniper action. Wish I could remember the name. Maybe it was COD.

EDIT* Are any of these games as good on iPad as they are on desktop? Better off playing PS3 rather than Mac Mini Server?

EDIT: So I'm going to buy COD 4 I think. Looks better than CS:S. Should keep me buys for a while ;)

I like the urban missions.

2. labars macrumors member

The game you used to like sounds like Battlefield 1942.

3. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68030

patent10021

I remember that game from EA. It was ok but not my favorite. It was COD and R6.

I'm going to download COD 4 tonight :D