looking for some design help

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by rweakins, Sep 18, 2008.

  1. rweakins macrumors 6502


    May 3, 2007

    i'm trying to create a background similar to this one. looking for some insight on how to go about doing that. i'm wanting to have the gradient rough looking background and just wondering how i could create that in photoshop
  2. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

    Jul 18, 2007
    Greener places than I used to live
    Well, start by creating a gradient, then maybe a layer above that where you can paint or manipulate that gradient into the form that you want. Then there is a layer with a photographic texture in some sort of overlay blending mode.

    That should get you on your way.
  3. TMorris macrumors newbie

    Sep 16, 2008
    Meeker, CO
    I agree with the above post (creating a gradient). The grunge effect can be obtained by using free photoshop brushes from bittbox.com that you can overlay on top of the gradient. They have all kinds of grunge type brushes for both photoshop and illustrator.

    Hope this helps

Share This Page