Looking for some earphones with mic and volume control

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mariotheotaku, Dec 7, 2011.

1. mariotheotaku, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011

mariotheotaku macrumors regular

I been looking into getting some earphones with mic and volume control since the ones that come with the iPhone hurt my ears after a while. I was thinking on some of the Apple in-ear headphones or something with a good bass. Would you guys recommend them? My budget is probably ~$60-80.

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

You can try the Apple In-ear earphones. It comes with an additional set of earpiece,you cam interchange between ""large" and "small." Or give the beats line a try, they have cheaper version and the high end tour beats are $89.99 for a refurb (usually $179.99 MSRP). Comes with about 10 different pairs of earpieces so you find out which one will be comfortable for you.

3. njgeek macrumors regular

If you're on a budget do NOT get Beats or Bose, they're way overpriced for what you're getting.

4. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Klipsch s4i and buy some comfy foam tips to go with the headphones

That's my combo and they are great

Got mine as new open box for $50 on eBay

5. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Dr Dre iBeats are awesome with amazing sound/bass.

6. mariotheotaku thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys, looks like I might get the Klipsch s4i or the Beats but how can I tell the difference between fakes and real beats?

7. jkeekij macrumors regular

If you are getting used get the serial number and place of purchase and verify authenticity on the Beats website. If new, just use an authorized dealer for your purchase. Information on authorized resellers is also on their website.

8. mariotheotaku thread starter macrumors regular

9. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Authentic earbuds can't be verified with authenticity through their website. Their serial number isn't on there, it's just the headphones. However, they do have a list of counterfeit sites. Trust Amazon, Apple, Best Buy, Monster, check their site for the rest. The packaging of the fake is completely identical. However, on the earbuds themselves, the iconic "b" is usually engraved in with the authentic beats. Counterfeits are usually stickers or something cheap.

10. vtclan macrumors regular

Although this is true to a certain extent, there are actually really good quality fakes out there that you wouldnt believe werent real.

I used to own a pair of fake beats tours that a friend bought for around $50 which included the control talk feature. Now I never had the real ones so I cant say how they compare to one another but compared to other $50 earbuds, these were worth the money. They had the look of the beats yet were a fraction of the cost and still sounded great. These didnt have any stickers and unless someone knew how to spot fakes, no one would be able to tell.

So if youre absolutely looking for real beats, the best place to buy them would be in person at a Best Buy is what I would say.

11. ihatephish macrumors regular

If you care about the quality of the sound, for the love of god please don't get beats. They are absolute garbage. Get the klipsch image ones for budget friendly headphones w mic/remote features.

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

stary away from Dr Dre. overpriced over rated check the audiophile forums such as http://www.head-fi.org/ I bought the ajays four for $70 very good reviews and everything you asked for also a little more Klipsh S4i stay away from ebay though way to many Chinese knock off there.. Which btw I'm a huge ebay buyer and seller but also know what nor to buy there.. ;)

13. daemonite macrumors member

Sol Republic headphones all have mic controls