Looking for some games like these...

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Noisemaker, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Noisemaker Guest

Now, I'm a big Nintendo fan. However, my iPod Touch or iPad are the devices that I actually use, and take out and about with me.

That being said, I'm really missing some good gaming. I have some games for both iPod and iPad, but my main issue is that I still find myself looking for games like the ones I used to play all the time on gameboy, SNES, DS, etc.

I'm looking for games like:

-Super Mario, Megaman

Basically, some solid platformers that will keep me playing them. I have Soosiz, but find it pretty boring - despite looking and playing great.

The Legend of Zelda

I have Zenonia, and like it quite a bit. I'd love some more top-down view action/adventure games with some RPG elements.

-Animal Crossing

I have the Sims and Astro Ranch, and neither fill the void that is left by some Animal Crossing.

-Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Zone of the Enders

I love turn based strategy games like these, but despite how great they'd be on a touchscreen, I can't really find any.

-Final Fantasy, Shining Soul, Chrono Trigger

Traditional RPGs, I guess. I've yet to really find ANY on iphone or iPad.

Can you guys recommend me some games?

2. Noisemaker thread starter Guest

3. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

The first two Final Fantasy games have been ported to the iPhone. They also look great in 2x mode on the iPad.

4. DIGITALiam macrumors newbie

Two of my favorite games are Canabalt (2.99 USD) and Super Quickhook (2.99 USD). I don't know if they fit into your categories but hopefully you would like them.