Looking for some help with single sign on.

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by east85, Jan 26, 2017.

1. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

I'm signed into a handful of apps using DirecTV Now. I'm planning on using a DirecTV single sign on. Will the apps using DirecTV Now sign in change automatically to DirecTV? If so, can I change them back to DirecTV Now manually?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

DirecTV is not DirecTV Now. It was very confusing of AT&T to name it that since there is no direct relationship between the 2 completely segregated services.

3. east85 thread starter macrumors 65816

east85

I am aware. I am talking about using DirecTV (the non-streaming service) Single Sign on while keeping DirecTV Now (the streaming service) sign ins on the apps that DirecTV Now (the streaming service) supports.

I agree though on your point. The naming is making this confusing to ask.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Again you can't use DirecTV sign on anymore than you can use Dish sign on for DirecTV Now since there are not the same service. There is no DirecTV Now Single Sign on at this time.

EDIT: After rereading your OP I'm confused. Are you saying you have DirecTV and DirecTV Now (at the same time)?

5. east85 thread starter macrumors 65816

east85

yes.

6. furbzv1 macrumors 6502a

furbzv1

You should be able to sign them out and then sign in with the DTVN credentials. I also have both - couldnt say no to a free apple tv. I will be testing this out this weekend.

7. east85 thread starter macrumors 65816

east85

Awesome, definitely feel free to share the results.

I will probably give it a try soon. I am just using a family members sign-in for Direct TV so I'll probably get around to it sometime next week.

8. east85 thread starter macrumors 65816

east85

Following up this to say that I signed in with plain DTV and it didn't sign me out of anything for DTV Now.

9. mawool01 macrumors member

mawool01

For some reason, I feel like I read somewhere that you can have multiple accounts on your apple tv. I know that I am signed into some apps with Dish and some with TWC.

10. Soondae macrumors member

Soondae

Yes, Yes and yes to the questions. Apps that support single sign on will use the single sign on account (mine is Sling TV) and those apps that don't support single sign on will allow you to authenticate via a PC with your cable account.