Looking for some help :)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by YesSnowy, Jul 4, 2012.

1. YesSnowy macrumors newbie

Hey, I was looking into getting a MacBook pro but can only afford the new 13" model, but doing some research I saw I could afford the Feb 11 15" model witch is the same price :) so my question is what model would you recommend ?

2. MasterMacBook macrumors member

The most expensive one you can afford. ie whatever your budget is, find one in price as close to that and you will be happy.

3. kettlecorn macrumors 6502

13" and 15" are different animals. Aside from the performance difference which isn't all that much unless you require your laptop to be capable of high performance video editing or something, the biggest factor in your decision should be whether or not you want something heavier and larger or smaller and more compact. I had the 15" for a little and found it too big for me to lug around. The higher screen res, better speakers, better CPU and graphics card was all good but not necessary for me. The 13" did everything I needed, had more battery life and was more mobile. Plus if you get last year's model used it may be out of warranty.

Id go 13 but that's just me, your needs may be different.

4. chibiterasu, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012

chibiterasu macrumors 6502

chibiterasu

It all depends on what you use you laptop for the macbook pro 15 inch feb 2011 is much quicker thanks to a better graphics chip a Radeon HD 6750M and a base config of a core i7 quad core compared with a dual core i5 in the macbook 13 all the other features that you may or may not care about are about the same in each such as 720p FaceTime camera, thunderbolt, upgradeable to 16gb of ram, but you don't get usb 3.0 in the 15inch but i wouldn't call that a deal breaker. If you don't really carry round your laptop then get the 15 inch it will last longer than a 13inch 2012 even if you only carry round your laptop every so often then I would still get the 15 inch. If portability is what you need then its the 13 inch for sure. Hope this helps :)

5. YesSnowy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses :) ima go for the 15" cause I like to game a little and do alot of graphic design, don't need to move around to much so the 15 is perfect :)