Looking for some support and help please

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Roberto Barcellona, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Roberto Barcellona macrumors member

Hi guys

Don't know where to start, I will say I love Apple products and invested a lot of money with external music and filming equipment that leaves me tied with Apple.

In May I bought a top spec 15 inch Macbook Pro, which I returned as there was a fault with the screen. Apple quickly sent me a replacement so I was a happy customer.

This was just the start...

The replacement which I received in June was acting very strange with editing video, so I rung customer support they made me feel it was something I was doing wrong and it didn't need a repair, they finally gave in and took the laptop in. The problem was a faulty graphics card which needed a whole new motherboard.

The computer was working great which had been fully checked by Apple approved repair dealers, I was very happy, all I wanted was a working laptop. A few months later the computer was acting strange again, rung support, again they made me feel it was software realated. We went through every step and the problem still occured, so again I insisted to go for repair.

The repair guys rung me 2 days ago and said it's working beautifully, I said to them it is not and to keep testing it. They eventually found that there was a fault with SSD drive and it needs a new one.

This is were I need your help.

I spoke to Apple and asked for a refund, they will not give me a refund. I just can't trust the laptop, I have lost work due to it, and worry about using it for bigger projects.

I'm going down the consumer rights road, is there any advice you could give me would be great?

I know there are bigger issues in the world but Apple are stressing me out, I feel insignificant and powerless, having bought a premium product which isn't. The repair technicians I spoke to adviced me to get an iMac as desktops are more reliable.

Thank you for your help.

Roberto

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

There is nothing we can do, you can escalate the issue and insist they give you new machine, but as long as they keep repairing or replacing it they are well within their legal rights and are following all the rules.

3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

...Depending on what country you live in.

4. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

I live in the UK?

Thanks for the replies guys.

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

In the UK you have 6 years statuatory rights so I would insist on talking to the manager, take a good read on apples own UK website they do have all their returns and legal obligations on there print out the relevent parts and go armed with their own legal jargon.

6. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

They have been ruthless after at least 15 conversations they have said has to be 3 repairs, so 2 repairs in just under 4months doesn't count.