Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
UK
I want to start doing some video reviews on My Site. I thought I would kick off with an Aluminium Bumper/Case for the iPhone 4S as I can use it myself after the review and write up.

Was looking at the Blue Aeris Rail but think the price is a little to high to start out with.

Anyone know of any cheaper Aluminium Bumpers/Cases I get purchase for my first review?

Thanks in Advance :)

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
UK
There are some cases on the Xtrucase line that are about $50.

Any reason why you want to start with Aluminum cases/bumpers?

Well I want a bumper for myself as the Otterbox Commuter I have is attracting way to much dust.

I thought I could do a review on the bumper at the same time :)

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
You want traffic to your site yet don't want to invest in what it takes to make that happen...... Interesting.

Bite the bullet and pay to play. You want traffic buy the case/bumper and get the ball rolling. How about you buy a fake vapor like another said and review it, good, bad, whatever. At least you'll have a reason for people to maybe come to your site.

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
UK
You want traffic to your site yet don't want to invest in what it takes to make that happen...... Interesting.

Bite the bullet and pay to play. You want traffic buy the case/bumper and get the ball rolling. How about you buy a fake vapor like another said and review it, good, bad, whatever. At least you'll have a reason for people to maybe come to your site.

OK let me re-word that a little, I cannot afford to pay that right now :D

Currently looking for some alternatives on eBay to give me some ideas.

I can still do a review on the Otterbox I already have :)

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
OK let me re-word that a little, I cannot afford to pay that right now :D

Currently looking for some alternatives on eBay to give me some ideas.

I can still do a review on the Otterbox I already have :)

I don't mean to be rude, condescending or anything but...

If you really want to get your name out there, you need to be reviewing either new products or about to hit the market. No one is going to target your particular site to get a review on any Otterbox case that has been out for ages.

That being said, just as others have said, you will need to cough up some money, consider it your start-up cost. Make in-depth reviews, then branch out to contacting companies for review samples, from there on out you will probably be spending less and less.

My 2c anyways. Good luck on your endeavors :)

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
UK
I don't mean to be rude, condescending or anything but...

If you really want to get your name out there, you need to be reviewing either new products or about to hit the market. No one is going to target your particular site to get a review on any Otterbox case that has been out for ages.

That being said, just as others have said, you will need to cough up some money, consider it your start-up cost. Make in-depth reviews, then branch out to contacting companies for review samples, from there on out you will probably be spending less and less.

My 2c anyways. Good luck on your endeavors :)

Totally agree with what your saying but still need the funds first, so something must be better than nothing.

I will get there in the end :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.