Looking for something to protect my camera lens??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Brohammad, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Brohammad macrumors newbie

All in the title! Right now I have an iPhone 5 case and I'm afraid to take off the case because I learned my lesson with the iPhone 4: The lens WILL be scratched. This is a HUGE problem for me since I use my camera a lot and hate the feeling of a big clunky case. Any suggestions??

Thanks! :D

2. Partridge macrumors 6502

The iPhone5 uses a sapphire crystal for the camera lens.

It's very unlikely to scratch compared to mineral glass. VERY unlikely in comparison.

Most watch crystals are mineral glass. They scratch and chip easily. Sapphire crystals on watches are subject to much more abuse than your iphone's camera lens and I have yet to actually scratch one of mine.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

My iPhone 4 camera lens never scratched. I didn't baby it with a huge thick case nor did I go poking diamonds into it or sticking nails in it.

4. Radiating macrumors 65816

The iPhone 5 changed to saphire glass for the first time in the camera lens. You need diamond to scratch saphire glass. You should be worried about the lens scratching your keys conrete etc. Not the other way around. Get a protector for your floors/metal objects you own etc. The lens is going to win every time.

5. Brohammad thread starter macrumors newbie

Hah! Good one! I'll give it a go.

----------

Thanks for that info I had no idea they changed the camera lens but sounds like a tough lens!