Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lapetitefurie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
the Tardis
So, I'm the process of building a relatively decent pseudo-desktop set-up for my Macbook, and I was wondering what speakers I should purchase. I'm not an audiophile, but neither do I need to drown myself in bass. I'd like a decent system that's relatively idiot-proof and has good enough sound that I can enjoy it. That being said, bear in mind that I've gone from an iMac, to a PowerBook, to the MacBook. My standards are clearly not set very high.

The logitech systems appear to be more attractive in price as I'm not looking to go too far over $100, but as I do listen to classical music and operas, I'm not interested in losing the tone to the bass.

I was toying with the idea of going with the Harman Kardon soundsticks or perhaps even a Creature...though I'm not even sure I should spend that kind of money on the sound.

Thoughts?

Batt

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Logitech works well for me, but I don't listen to classical. I suspect I have a tin ear, too. I listen to a variety of (mostly) rock and for what I think was about 40 bucks after instant rebate, Logitech serves me well.

Cesoca

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2006
Brazil
I just received this afternoon the AEGO M, a 2.1 speaker system made by Acoustic Energy a renowned British company.Its price in the US is around $ 199 Superb sound! I recommend.

P. S. I already have the HK Soundsticks II, nice speakers but they don't come close to Aego.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.