Looking for specific type of dash mount

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pacmacman, Jan 27, 2012.

1. pacmacman macrumors member

Is there a dashboard mount for the 4S that has it's own speakers for your phone's audio and charges the phone while it's mounted or am I wishing for too much?

Thanks to any with input.

2. cbronfman macrumors 6502

Magellan Dashboard Mount

I have the Magellan Dashboard Mount for my phone when I'm using GPS (Navigon). It has a Bluetooth connection with the phone for Audio, so phone calls - or I'm listening to an Audiobook or whatever comes through it's enhanced speaker in addition to the GPS turn by turn. The audio is fine for turn by turn (actually good) and OK for phone calls although it doesn't come close to my Bose Bluetooth. You can hear the audio (music or books or podcasts or whatever) from your phone - but the sound is coming from the tiny speaker so it's what you would expect - tinny. But you can hear both. And to get all this to work - the Magellan needs to be plugged into the car charger - and your phone gets charged at the same time.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

There are some but you're severely limiting your options. Why are you specifically looking for built-in speakers instead of wiring/BT'ing to your car audio?