Looking for store s that take Sony laptop for credit towards a Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shitzkrieg, Jul 23, 2008.

1. shitzkrieg macrumors newbie

Is there any stores that would buy a used Sony laptop and use it for credit to purchase of a Mac? I know Macmall use to do this but it looks like they don't anymore.

Is there any stores that still do this? I couldn'd find any. Thanks....

2. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

seems unlikely but i have an HP to get rid of too :D

3. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Not too many will, and the ones that do don't offer too much. You'd have a better shot of selling it on your own instead.

4. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...its not worth the trouble, even from the brand you purchased it from and they'd be getting the new sale...

By the time you want to get a new machine, there isn't much call from anyone for your old tech...

Typed on a Sony PCG-TR3A - 6 yrs old and still kicking... my substitute for wanting a MBA...

5. mBurns macrumors 6502

Hmm.. good question. That's a tough one! People get rid of tech equipment so quick these days -- it's ridiculous. My thought would be that your best bet is emailing a Mac reseller like Macofalltrades.com (unauthorized but very reliable) to see if they'd do a trade in. Good luck with the hunt. Please report your findings if you happen upon any places.

One other thought just passed my mind: donate the item to Goodwill or such. You will get a tax credit and not have to deal with selling an old machine.