Looking for Tablet PDF Annotation

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nicopaul, Jan 19, 2008.

1. nicopaul macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am new to this forum, and it is nice to be here!

I have an Apple laptop that I use in order to take notes in lectures. I have also purchased a USB tablet, which I use to draw things that are difficult to type, and for the most part the arrangement works out just fine.

This term, one of my professors posts "template" notes online prior to his lectures. It is the intention that we print these off beforehand and annotate them in class.

I am having difficulty finding a program that will allow me to do this using my tablet. So far I have been exporting them to Pages as floating images, but I'm sure there must be a PDF program out there (a la Windows Journal) that will allow me to draw on the PDF's and save them back to PDF.

I would appreciate any suggestions (freeware, shareware, etc.)!

Thanks in advance,
    Nico

2. benjaloo macrumors newbie

3. ttlm macrumors newbie

Troubleshooting on Jarnal for Mac

Hello everyone,

I don't know if this might be the proper place to post this but here it goes.

I have MacBook and I tryed to use the online feature of the tablet application "Jarnal". Someone was writing with his tablet using Jarnal and I wanted to see it in my laptop.

We tried once in his office: he sent me his server adress, i followed Jarnal's webpage instrucctions for mac (http://levine.sscnet.ucla.edu/general/software/tc1000/jarnal-down.htm) and it worked great via internet.

Next time I tryed it didn't work. He sent me his new server adress but the terminal was showing this error

Error getting socket: java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out
    Error: Inactive client attempting to send undopage.

I tryed also refollowing al jarnal's web instructions but it didn't work either.

If someone may help I would be grateful.

Anyway, thanks for your time!

Ttlm