Looking for the new 15" MBP w/ dGPU? Go to the Apple Store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zakzilla, May 26, 2015.

1. Zakzilla macrumors member

Zakzilla

I just walked into an Apple Store here in LA and asked if they had the new 15" MBPr with AMD dGPU ($2500 model), and they did. Even tho the website says 'Ship to store', many stores do have them in stock and they may not even say so over the phone. They're basically reserved for people who visit the store in person.

I initially ordered mine online, but it was still 'processing' with a delivery date of June 5, so I decided to take a chance and drive over to the store. They helped me cancel my online order there. Glad I did! Typing this from the new beast. I'll post my first impressions of it soon, I'm impressed with it so far

2. cookies! macrumors 6502

A poor inventory system like this is a great way to annoy potential customers and lose potential business.

3. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

It's always been like this. Just call or go to the Apple Store and see what models they have in stock. I picked this one up (mid 2014 maxed) at the Store, even though the website said they didn't have them. I wouldn't consider it a poor inventory system, just an added bonus if you have an Apple store in your area.

4. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

This was my experience as well. Just wish I checked the store before my online order went to preparing for shipment. Ah well, I called CS already and requested they send the laptop back to the warehouse when the store gets it; that way it's still saleable.

Really loving this new machine; it absolutely flies.