Looking for these jailbreak apps...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Norinion, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Norinion macrumors regular

Hi, thanks for reading this...

I'm looking for a text message app that will display the timestamp on every text message (in and out) in the apple default app if possible...

And a lock app, that will either lock specific applications or photos/videos...
    tryna keep gf's pictures and videos hidden :)

A delete specific recent calls, hopefully built into the apple's phone app for free?

and any other cool jailbreak app that you would suggest since i'm new to jailbreaking, thank you :)

antoehr queston: does Cydia app support Multitasking? or make it so it will support it?

2. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I'm not sure about putting a time stamp on every text but I use tlert for my texts. There are a few apps that will lock any individual app. I use iprotect. There's also locktopus and lockdown that I've used. Of course for pics and videos idiscrete in the app store is very good or you could use ifile which is free and hide the pics in the filesystem of the iPhone.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Markthatmessage will put a timestamp on every message in the default messages app.
    Its 99 cents I believe.

4. Norinion thread starter macrumors regular

How does it look?

and is there any app that will delete recent calls for free? hopefully built into the apple's phone app?

5. Norinion thread starter macrumors regular

And a app for notifications in the status bar.. like
    how many unread text messages or voice mail.. and stuff like that...
    i tried searching but can't find anything..

6. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

As said, MarkThatMessage is great for SMS time stamps, also in the default Apple SMS app. Works like Apple should have implemented it in the 1st place and it's $0.99.

LockDown as mentioned. Works like charm and it's free. LockDown Pro is $1.99 and offers a few extras but the free version will do the trick.

CallClear allows you to clear any call, one by one, from your recent call history. Free Trial and then $3.99

You'd get notifications and messages in the system bar via something like LockInfo and BiteSMS but I doubt you would want to shell out for those apps for that feature only. Both are absolutely key for anyone who is jailbroken though! =)

All of the above also works on fw 4.x

Cydia will never support multitasking, as this would allow you to mess with system internals while modifying MobileSubstrates or replacing system files - not a good idea.

As for other cool jailbreak apps there are 1000 threads about this already, I would also recommend to check http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/iphone-faqs/ and/or follow a few of the key developers such as @cphwn and iPhonebloggers on Twitter

7. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

Get BiteSMS Beta and it will integrate the timestamp onto every text if you want. Plus it is FREE!(with small ads at the bottom)

8. bengtc macrumors regular

for deleting calls try "AddCallHistory" its free