Looking for thin palmguard for early/mid 2008 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gumbyx84, Feb 5, 2009.

1. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

Know this might be an odd to ask, but I am in need of a new palmguard/palmrest. I just got my MBP back from repair (the replaced my screen) and I can no longer close it. The hinge was tightened so much that it won't close when I have my current palmguard (Marware) on. After taking it off and trying to get it back on for about 30 minutes at the Apple Store, I just gave up. It could stand to be replaced, but I don't want to spend the money on a new one just to run into the same problem.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

PS I have an early/mid 2008 MBP

2. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Ive got a moshi palm guard, its pretty much amazing. And if you have the skill you could take it off and put it back on with out messing it up. You just cant bent it much or itll change color a lil bit b/c of the plastic.

3. gumbyx84 thread starter macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

I would like to get the Moshi plamguard, but sadly I can't find it in any retails stores. Does anyone know if it is an online-only purchase?

4. gumbyx84 thread starter macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

Anyone think they can help me out finding a thin palmguard that I could buy in a brick-and-mortar store?

5. gumbyx84 thread starter macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

..... I know I can buy direct from Moshi, but what I am looking for is a brick-and-mortar retail store that carries it, a you can read.

I will probably end up having to buy it online from Amazon (has cheaper shipping), but I would rather buy it in a store so I can check if my MBP lid will close when it is installed before buying it.

6. Lexicon macrumors newbie

https://www.isisdei.com/index-3.html

Check the store locator for someplace in your area.

Isis Dei sells the "Handplant" which I just bought and love. And now it's on sale ofcourse.

7. gumbyx84 thread starter macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

I already when to isis die's website. Sadly, all the stores listed in my area only sell their laptop bags. : sighs:

8. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

finding a specialty item for an older model might be difficult. you may be able to get generic pda screen protectors and use that.

any reason why you're staying away from online purchases?

9. gumbyx84 thread starter macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

Is the early 08 MBP really that "out of date" that no one sells stuff for it anymore? Doesn't make sense to me. The problem is most store never seemed to carry wrist pads for any system.