Looking for THINNEST back cover for iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gforce216, Apr 2, 2012.

1. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I've been using a back cover for my iPad since I got one for my iPad 2 from hypershop. However, my friend recently showed me his Incipio Smart Feather and I loved how the cover felt. It was like nothing was even there. My only problem with it is that the smart cover is constantly attached and I don't want that. So I have two questions.

1. Does anyone have a really thin clear snap back case for the new iPad.
    2. Does the Incipio Feather for iPad 2 fit the new iPad because that is my ideal case.

Thanks guys!

2. gforce216 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. azure247 macrumors 6502

belkin snap shield? they have a "secure" version too that allows the smart cover to attach to the magnet strip when flipped back. Check it out.

4. sekazi, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2012

sekazi macrumors 6502

**********.net

I dont think I will be getting any kind of back cover since I started using skins.

5. jredecop macrumors 6502a

Yup

6. Radeon85 macrumors regular

7. ewo1992 macrumors regular

ewo1992

I like this fond from speck. It is not out for the iPad 3 yet but here is a link for the iPad 2.
    https://www.speckproducts.com/tablet-ipad-cases/ipad-2-cases/smartshell-for-ipad-2.html

Belkin also makes them but the clear is more of a translucent white and not all the way clear.
    One of the belkins has a magnet to keep the smart cover open

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=598150

And one doesnt

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=650033

Personally I am going to wait for the speck one because it is a true clear.

8. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

No that isn't the smart feather case, that is the Incipio Shell Case and it doesn't lock the smart cover on the device. The Smart Feather case does however as you stated. But that link isn't for the Smart Feather.

The Incipio Shell Case is only 1MM thick, one of if not the thinnest around and in various colors to boot, but its not cheap. Incipio though makes quality cases, I've owned many of them.

9. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I have the Belkin, it's fine.

10. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

The Speck fits the new iPad just fine. Build is a bit cheap though but I really like the magnet.

11. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

This is correct.

12. flamegp macrumors newbie

13. ZipZap, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2012

ZipZap macrumors 601

StickerBouy's customer service sucks if you have problems. Steer clear of these losers.

14. MacAttacka macrumors 6502

Seriously get a carbon fiber sticker skin of ebay. Theyre about $5. Totally removable when it comes to selling and as its a sticker its micro-millimeters thick. The carbon fiber layer on the back makes it scratchproof. I have one on the back of mine as a back up for then I use it near naked otherwise I have a full bodied case.

Thats the thinnest solution if its what your looking for.

15. Archer1440 macrumors 6502

Archer1440

Tunewear eggshell. 0.9 mm thick, perfectly clear, comes with protector strip for smart cover interface and crystal screen protector as well as port plug and microfiber cleaning cloth. Excellent quality.

16. andross77 macrumors regular

but doesn't this case not have room for the smart cover or am i thinking of a different one? I know Incipio's NGP case is a back cover that surrounds all edges so you can't pair it with a smart cover. Does Incipio make a back cover that works with the smart cover AND it doesn't lock the smart cover in so you can just tear it off whenever you want?

I couldn't find that on their website so i bought a $13 backcover off Amazon that's worked great.

17. cfairbank macrumors 6502

I had the switcheasy coverbuddy on my iPad 2 and have been waiting for the update for the new iPad. Looked today and they just released it. It comes in all the colors matching apple smat covers. What I like most is that unlike the incipio feather and a few other cases, you can Remove the smart cover without removing the case.

I like a minalmistncase for my iPad and I found just that with the coverbuddy and the smart cover.

http://www.switcheasy.com/product/CoverBuddy_ThenewiPad

18. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

I bought the Belkin Snap Shield that has the magnet for holding the Smart Cover against the back of the Snap Shield: it may not be the thinnest, but it's been secure, is quite thin, and provides a nice grippy surface.

19. Funnone macrumors regular

20. b.c. macrumors 6502

21. southerndude39 macrumors member

22. tpr007 macrumors regular

tpr007