Looking for this type of Accessory (forearm band)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kdesign7, Sep 21, 2010.

1. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

I found a Belkin Arm Band, and I really enjoy the material that it's made with. The fine lines that contour around the iPhone make it exceptionally esthetic, which is what I like. I wouldn't want it to be bulky with lots of buckles or what not. Maybe the unit would stay in place with a type of 'stretch' material like a sweat band, something that would allow breathing and wouldn't cut any circulation off.

I've attached an Image of the Belkin Arm Band, and I also did a quick photo with an iPhone attached to the forearm. The Forearm photo ISNT visually what I want, but the concept and placement is.

[​IMG]

I DID attempt to draw on paper what I was thinking, but I am not artist, and no doubt ppl would comment just to make fun of my drawing skills... so to save myself some embarrassment, I didn't! :)

If anyone WANTS to try and convey my idea into a photoshopped image, I would appreciate your time and talent!

2. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

3. mrathee macrumors 6502

hahahaha

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Not to poke fun but you would seriously walk around, in public, with that thing strapped to your forearm?

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Might be looking at that for running. Trying to look at your upper arm (if using a running/gps app or changing music) while running can be detrimental to your health. Holding your forearm up is a bit easier to do while managing not to trip or run into stuff. :D

6. Absolem macrumors regular

Think about it, I agree.

7. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I like this use. Couldn't you just use the upper armband on the forearm? I had one for my 3G and I know I could have used it on my forearm, but I suppose it depends on your armband and your arm thickness.

8. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

LMAO, this is exactly what I need when I'm Inline skating in the park! :D

9. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

I have an armpocket http://www.armpocket.com. I'm very happy with it. It secures on my arm via strap and velcro. The iPhone is held securely with good, firm easy to access zippers. It even has one of those little access ports for your earbud wires. It has a pliable plastic face so you can manipulate the phone through it (sorta).

Anyhow, you asked, so there's my answer.

10. owmygulay macrumors member

That is what I do. It is perfect for the iFitness app while I am at the gym.

11. DroidRules macrumors 65816

If you're looking for an accessory for your phone maybe the accessory section of the forum would be a better place for this post.... just an idea.

12. LCUtah macrumors newbie

Any luck...

Has anyone found what he's looking for? A forearm armband for the iPhone/iTouch?

13. Xenland macrumors newbie

Working on an Android OS based PipBoy 3000 (Not just a phone on your arm either potentially life saving usages) - I'm looking for a quality armband. I like the arm pocket so I might use the armpocket and make a deal with them but so far the armpocket is the only quality and on the cheap side forearm product ive found so far. if you have any more suggestions on what would be a good company to team up with for recreating the real device of the pipboy3000(as far as forearm bands go) head on over to my facebook fan page(offical domain and website is under development) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pipboy-3000/109944605788625

Get involved!

PIPBOY 3000 will feature real-time sensors
    Temperature, Humidity, Altimeter, as well as potentially life saving device such as alerting you when their are dangroud gases around such as propane, methane, CO2, alcohol(could be use as a breathalyzer app as well!)

If on the spare chance that apple is watching this. Well if you don't want to go open source I'm not interested. Love my iPhone4 tho!

14. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    Yep, this is why I don't want an arm band holder - I want to be able to glance down at my running stats and (not sure if the Sports Tracker app I usually use does this or not) run against my ghost of my fastest run if possible. But keeping the iPhone on my forearm while running seems kind of annoying too. I would like a strap/case solution so I can just keep the iPhone in my hands and not have to worry about dropping.