looking for txt SMS in/out app over wifi push

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by B737, Jul 7, 2009.

1. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

Guys,
    I'm out of the country again for a few days. I have a wifi connection in hotel and yahoo email account. Is there an app anyone can recommend that I can use to send and recieve SMS txt msgs to domestic ATT number and get a push alert over wifi if there is a response while I have the app closed?

Thanks for the help!

...stuck in Newfoundland....

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

textfree unlimited does it

and beejive im has support for sms out over yahoo/aim
    so that way, the texts will show up as from (screenname) instead of some random number (although the text will automatically say its from you with textfree, but the number its from will appear as a random one, and its different every time)

3. lancewyoming macrumors newbie

Beejive will let you sms using your yahoo account, and uses push notification, but it is a bit pricey if that is all you want it for.

The free AOL Instant Messenger app also supports SMS and push, but you will need an AIM account (also free).

4. B737 thread starter macrumors 6502a

B737

5. rc51aaron macrumors member

I would recommend beejive. I have beejive 3.0 with push. It was 9.99 and it's working flawlessly. It will do exactly you are looking for. 

6. B737 thread starter macrumors 6502a

B737

Beejive worked the best!! Push over wifi! This 9 bucks probably just saved me $150 by keeping in touch with my g/f all the way out here. Thanks again so much guys.