Looking for UK iMac to ship to Luxembourg

Cams

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
Isle of Arran, UK
I'm in Luxembourg but am from the UK and am moving back there soon. I'm having trouble getting my hands on a UK iMac (UK Keyboard, UK power cord, etc) shipped to Luxembourg. No reseller I've tried will ship outside of the UK; store.apple.uk won't do it and store.apple.befr can't do a UK power lead and has trouble with the keyboard also.

I know I can use adapters to change continental European power cords to UK ones but I really want to start phasing out my continental gear, not add to it. Failing that, is it easy enough to purchase a British power lead after the fact?

Any ideas? I'm after a 2.8 Extreme.

Cams

weckart

macrumors 601
Nov 7, 2004
I'm in Luxembourg but am from the UK and am moving back there soon. I'm having trouble getting my hands on a UK iMac (UK Keyboard, UK power cord, etc) shipped to Luxembourg. No reseller I've tried will ship outside of the UK; store.apple.uk won't do it and store.apple.befr can't do a UK power lead and has trouble with the keyboard also.

I know I can use adapters to change continental European power cords to UK ones but I really want to start phasing out my continental gear, not add to it. Failing that, is it easy enough to purchase a British power lead after the fact?

Any ideas? I'm after a 2.8 Extreme.

Cams

Just cut the plug off the end and put a UK plug on when you get back. Five minutes work.

Comment

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68030
May 18, 2004
the power cord on the imac is removable so you can simply buy a new power cord with the right plug when you move

Comment