Looking for ultimate media player suggestions

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by dbit, Oct 30, 2012.

1. dbit macrumors regular

Im still in disbelief that the iPad videos app doesn't support video playlists or bookmarking.

I'm hoping to find a great media player app that supports a wide range of video and audio formats, video playlists, and possibly bookmarking videos or a least starting from last play point.

Ive been using oplayer for a while but it doesn't have bookmarking or any kind of memory of the last current time indicator position.

Ok, so I'm hoping there are some great media player apps out there! Any suggestions are welcome.

2. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

You could give a try to "Azul Media Player - Video player for your iPad By Gplex". It's (at least supposed to be) able add any number of bookmarks to any video.

However, when back some 4-5 months ago I tested it, 1, the current time wasn't correctly detected for any test videos; 2, tapping the bookmarks didn't result in moving there 3, the entire app froze after tapping Done. That is, it, back then, didn't seem to work. Dunno if it does after the updates released since then.

Any of the other players I've tested back then didnd't have any bookmarking. (See my work-in-progress chart of my forthcoming Multimedia bible if interested - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/81986513/092012/iMediaPlayer/201204-mm-chart.ods , it has a dedicated row to bookmarking.)

3. dbit thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the suggestions and chart Menneisyys2! I don't have office installed on this comp. What else could I use to view the xml files with their associated file links etc?

Azul looks cool, but if it's bookmarking doesn't work it won't be too helpful. Does it come in iphone flavor too? It's another thing I'm looking for, a player that has a pad and phone variant so that I can settle into one interface/system on both devices. I was hoping to find a best of class for this category but it doesn't seem likely at this point..

----------

Wait, does Azul support video playlists? Some of the reviews (at least of the iphone version) say not...