iPad Pro Looking for Unbranded Cheap Smart Cover

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by tuna9720, Dec 14, 2016.

1. tuna9720 macrumors regular

I'm looking everywhere I know (Amazon, eBay, Rakuten etc) to find a cheaper version of these smart covers. The ones cover only front.. I found 1 or 2 on Amazon, but they come from either China or Hong Kong which takes forever to deliver, and it seems they use some stock images so we don't even know what to get until we get it..

Anyway, I don't want to pay $50 for a freaking Smart Cover, anyone know of any?

Thanks in advance..

[​IMG]

2. jdayellow macrumors newbie

I bought the jetech iPad cover and it works really well. It cost around 15$ CAD For me
    [​IMG]

3. tuna9720 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply, but yours is a smart case and I'm looking for the cover..

4. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

The problem is that the magnet system that a smart cover uses to connect to the iPad is more expensive to make than a cheap back cover. So you are not going to find a cheap smart cover. Most likely no aftermarket companies have produced one because theirs would not be much cheaper than Apple's version. The aftermarket smart cases don't use magnets as the front cover is just attached to the back cover.

5. DorisLam macrumors newbie

DorisLam

if you want cheap smart cover, you could go to slickdeals.net, there are many good deals with nice price

6. nateofmelb macrumors regular

nateofmelb

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221937881901

I bought one. It's not as nice as the genuine Smart Cover. It also doesn't sleep wake the iPad. And the magnetic hinge is quite ugly. But it does the job of covering well.

7. nateofmelb macrumors regular

nateofmelb

Here's one that arrived today. Range of colours. Both pieces separate

IMG_7545.JPG IMG_7546.JPG IMG_7545.JPG

Attached Files:

8. lyngo macrumors 6502

9. nateofmelb macrumors regular

nateofmelb

I love it!

10. lyngo macrumors 6502

is it auto on and off with the cover sliding on and off of it? Does it magnetize to the front to cover the screen?

11. nateofmelb macrumors regular

nateofmelb

Yes it has auto sleep wake by opening and closing the case magnet hold cover closed. You can separate the cover and bottom shell and use one or the other or both. The only thing is that you have to remove the bottom shell before you remove the cover due to it having a bit of plastic
    to hold the cover in place.

12. mellofello macrumors 65816

13. nateofmelb macrumors regular

nateofmelb

14. rotkiv3451 macrumors newbie

Hey I read some reviews that said that when it's used without the back case the front cover falls off very easily and/or don't fold into viewing positions and all. Could you please just tell me what your experience has been like?