Looking for very specific iPhone headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by alxfg, Aug 8, 2010.

1. alxfg macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm looking to replace the standard iPhone 4 headphones with on-ear or over-ear heaphones.

Problem is, I want them to have a remote with the exact same functionalities as the iPhone heasdet's remote, or, at the very least, a mic, and the ability to change the volume and skip songs.

I've been looking for quite sometime now, and haven't been able to find anything that fits the bill.

I tried the Monster Beats, hated them, too much bass.

Soundwise, I seem to enjoy the sound of Bose headphones, because I tried the QC3, and really enjoyed the sound.

Do you guys have any idea if those magical headphones exist?

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

There's one perfect solution. They're on the ear, sound great, have a mic and controls... etc. Sennheiser!

MM 60 iP

Their sister headphones are very popular series: PX100, PX200, etc.

3. alxfg thread starter macrumors newbie

they look a bit "cheap". I'm looking for something a bit more stylish as well.

Like what Sennheiser did with the MM400 for example.

4. amandapanda801 macrumors member

amandapanda801

Apple really needs to make better earphones... I've just had about enough of their crappy earphones that always break and a worth a fortune.

5. SMacDuff macrumors 6502

SMacDuff

Take a look at the Shure SRH240m+ headphones. They are fairly new and have both mic and control buttons.

6. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

skullcandy rocnation aviators

mic, remote, over ear, look good, sound great and have the same small profile form factor jack so they are bumper friendly.

check my sig and blog for pics and a quick review

7. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

8. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I honestly don't know of any others quite like them that aren't bluetooth. I'll keep my eye out. And to be honest, if there is a better option, I'd be interested!

9. drool6 macrumors newbie

How much are you willing to spend? Besides the beats that you got, Monster also makes the Turbines. If you want something that is accurate, you can try the Turbine Pro Coppers. The Golds are a bit on the Bass heavy side. You can get these with Controltalk, which lets you change the volume as well as have track controls.

10. Psant macrumors regular

Klipsch S4i

Edit: Nvm, didn't read the on-ear or over-ear part.

11. alxfg thread starter macrumors newbie

I have to admit the SkullCandy Aviator and the Shure SRH240m+ fit the bill exactly! I was starting to think that I'd never find anything.

Thanks for the Aviator's review, very helpful.

But since it's sponsored by Jay-Z, I'm afraid they might be a bit too "bassy", like the Beats by Dre. Are they?

And has anybody tried the Shure 'phones? How do they sound?

12. Scidd0w macrumors newbie