Looking for video management software!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by obsoletepower, May 5, 2008.

1. obsoletepower macrumors regular

I am trying to find an app that will allow me to keep all my video files in a neat library from where I could easily play them instead of having to go to various folders on the HDD. I have a lot of movies and shows I recorded onto my Mac from satellite and have not been able to find a good program to keep them in a library.
    Can anyone recommend some?

Thank you in advance!

2. jakeg93 macrumors newbie

Damn

I've been looking for that type of software for a while. I checked out final cut server at the apple store and it just wasn't cutting it. It was complicated. I want a video software just like iPhoto except for video you know. I'm going to be checking out this web page for people who know where to find a video management software. If you wanna see my videos and my editing stuff check this out.

http://youtube.com/user/whiteazn4life

3. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

To the OP, if most of your videos are of TV shows and the like, it might be worth checking out XBMC or its more Mac-centric port Plex. Both are more geared toward home theater applications, but if you name your files according to a certain convention, you can automatically get metadata (episode descriptions, art, etc) for your shows. Both are free, so might be worth checking out anyway.

4. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

I use ITunes, works just like IPhoto and is free. If Movies and TV don't show under the Library go to the ITunes Preferences and under the General tab check for them. A lot of you movies and TV may already be there. To get movies in I just drag and drop the movies on the ITunes icon on the dock. You can view them about anyway you would like and sort lots of different ways. You can tag'em by Right clicking or Command i on the movie and selecting Get Info. I keep the ArtWork turned off under the list View, takes up too much room. Use the little arrow at the left end of the Column headers to turn off and on.

5. JimmyLo macrumors newbie

Try iDive. Seems to be a good solution. They have a free trial.