Looking for Voice Changer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adamvk, May 5, 2009.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

I'm looking for a voice changer, price really isn't an issue, but free/cheap would be preferred. I'm looking for a program that COMPLETELY changes the voice, not just add effects like Garage Band does. I did download the demo of Voice Candy, but none of those voices sound human, so that doesn't help me.

So any idea what to get?

Thanks.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Garageband has some pretty good effects that are pretty customizable, and they still sound somewhat human.

What are you going for?

3. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Just something that sounds nothing like my voice. I want to make a voice over for a promotional movie, but I don't want my voice on the video, I want to make it sound like someone else.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Garageband will do it, but you have to experiment. I was messing around with the effects last night just for fun, each preset has it's own settings to tweak.

5. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Ok well I've played around with the settings a lot, but I still can't get a voice I like, so I'm gonna look for an actual program.

So, any suggestions? :)

6. platypus63 macrumors regular

Voice Candy? http://www.potionfactory.com/voicecandy/ i've never used it but google search turned it up. Though I agree with the others in the thread, with GB you will have much better control over your voice with all the multi band equalizers and pitch shifters than a voice changing program w/ presets. But hopefully this works for you!

goodluck

7. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Thanks anyways though. :)

I will retry Garage Band again though.

8. platypus63 macrumors regular

Oh! Sorry! totally didn't realize you had mentioned Voice Candy in the original post! Goodluck again!

9. floydosborne19 macrumors newbie

For men, women, and children. This voice changer allow you to change your voice to an unfamiliar voice. Ideal for a woman living alone. She can answer the phone with a voice changer and sound like a man or just a different person. Everyone's voice has a unique sound to it. Consequently, you will not get the same sounding voice as someone else using the same voice changer.

This Telephone Voice Changer disguises your voice by digitizing it. The degree of change can be adjusted as you are speaking.

The "new" professional telephone voice changer is portable and compatible on all telephones. Simply attach the acoustic coupler to your telephone's handset, adjust the selector switch and your voice is immediately disguised.

This unit uses the latest digital signal processing technology for unsurpassed clarity. There are 14 different programmable voice settings (7-high, 7-low) plus a normal mode, and its built-in microphone offers ultra-low distortion.

The Portable Voice Changer is housed in a sturdy metal case, and comes in a zippered vinyl pouch for portability. Uses one 9 volt battery (not included). Approximate dimensions: 1.12" x 2.75" x 5.37". Weight: 10 ounces.

[​IMG]
    This is an Professional Model.
    $249.00 ​

I hope this will help you. :)

Voice Changer