Looking for ways to to this

Discussion in 'iPad' started by viator50, Oct 28, 2010.

1. viator50 macrumors newbie

I am looking for ways I can take my forms and convert them so they can be modified and saved. I found a picture of an iPad doing exactly what I am looking to do but does not say what program they used to do it. I called Apple to have them help me but was told that it is impossible to know what program was used even though I took this screen shot from their website.
    Thanks in advance for my question.

Attached Files:

2. knutte89 macrumors newbie

looks like adobe ideas to me, they probably just took a pdf or image of the form

3. poloponies Suspended

Looks like iAnnotate.

iAnnotate will let you mark on forms and save.

4. 2002cbr600f4i macrumors 6502

Based on the menu bar on the left, that's Adobe Ideas...

Not sure that it really does what you're looking for though. It's not something where you can load in forms and mark them up...

5. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

The former posters are correct - that app is Adobe Ideas. A quick and dirty way to do this is to screenshot the form by pressing the home button and the top (sleep/wake) button at the same time.

Then you would launch Adobe Ideas and load it into there (the bottom left icon is to create a "photo layer"). Then you do the "draw layer" over the top to fill in the form.

But since GoodReader does highlighting and annotation these days, that would work probably easier than screenshotting a form and loading it into a drawing app.

Quite clever use though, for a free app it works, albeit a tad kludgily. <-- haha I just made up a word. :D

6. viator50 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all of the reply's. I wish that there was a company I could email my form's to and they could convert them to an interactive PDF Forms where I could easily convert existing forms to fillable PDF forms with intelligent form field recognition.

7. sandydlc macrumors regular

For this exact reason, I'm considering getting a MacBook air. I already have a 4 year old MacBook pro but I don't like traveling with it because of its weight and poor battery life.

I can get by doing about 95% of what I need when I travel using my iPad. What I can't do on the iPad, I can do logging into my computer at work but its really not ideal.

Still ambivalent right now.