Looking for Windows 7 Install guide

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by kalex, Nov 13, 2010.

1. kalex macrumors 65816

Hello,

I so finally decided to reinstall my Windows 7 that I installed on my bootcamp drive. Its been a while since I used it and I would like to wipe it and start fresh.

Are there any good guides around that I can use? Mainly looking to optimize it for gaming. Whats teh best way to approach this? Should I install the drivers from my OSX dvd or should I manually install drivers that I download?

I'm using Mac Pro 2009 with ATI 4870 Video card and my main goal is to optimize Windows 7 for gaming

Thanks

Alex

2. w00tini macrumors 6502a

go ahead and install using the Apple bootcamp drivers.

once you have Win7 completely patched and running fine, install the latest ATi graphics drivers for your video card.

it's always good to start with the 'stock' install first, but you can install windows drivers after the fact and should see benefit to a degree in some instances when gaming. just don't expect your 4XXX card to suddenly feel like a 5XXX card, because it won't be that profound. what you'll get is better stability and image quality for the most part.

enjoy

3. kalex thread starter macrumors 65816

Cool Thanks

Its just coming from Windows world it was always better not to install manufacturer supplied drivers but to install latest ones right away

Going to I guess try upgrading all the components in my windows install before going reinstall route

4. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

For gaming, install the boot camp drivers first, then install the latest video drivers from ATI.