Looking for Wireless All in One Printer....

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by whynot83706, Jul 1, 2008.

1. whynot83706 macrumors 6502

whynot83706

Can someone recommend good Wireless All in One printer (Print, Scan, Copy). I am not going to print photos or fax, I just need it to print school papers and from time to time scan some documents. I have Linksys router if that makes any difference.

Thanks

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

you will hae to be careful about the scan and fax functions wirelessly. Most of the printers will print wirelessly, but the scanning functions does not always work wirelessly Brother makes some MFC machines that may fit what you want, but be sure to check. printing wirelessly is easy, scanning wirelessly is not so easy.

3. iPhoneNYC macrumors 6502a

iPhoneNYC

What wi-fi do you want to use with your printer????

Just as a point of reference a while back I purchased a Brother HL 4070CDW printer for wi-fi printing. I had an Apple (g) based Airport and everything worked great right out of the box. A couple of months back I "upgraded" to the then new (n) Airport. I can report that the (n) is indeed faster. However, from that moment on the Brother 4070 did not recognize it. I have since been reading specs on the various wi-fi printers and haven't yet found one that works in an (n) environment. So just one more thing to check out!!!