Looking for wireless, battery powered, bluetooth speaker advice

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PecanEater, Aug 8, 2011.

1. PecanEater macrumors 6502

PecanEater

I"m interested in a bluetooth speaker for use around the house and outside. It has to be battery powered and portable. Doesn't need to be ultra small. In fact, I'd prefer something a little larger to get better sound. Units I've been reading about include:

Jawbone JAMBOX
    Soundmatters foxLv2
    Monster Clarity HD
    Altec Lansing Inmotion Soundblade
    Creative D100

It seems like I'll get better sound from something about the size of the Creative D100. Anyone have experience with this unit? Any other options, perhaps something a little higher end?

Again, it has to be battery operated. I was thinking about the iHome iW1 but my understanding is airplay requires a wifi network. I'd like something that I can use while car camping or at the park. So must be battery powered and have good sound projection.

Any suggestions or advice appreciated.

2. glen e macrumors 68030

Logitech z515-love mine but use for presentations

3. TwinCitiesJHawk macrumors 6502

TwinCitiesJHawk

I purchased the monster Iclarity HD last year (~$75 Amazon) and was really impressed with it. I took it in my bag when I traveled and couldnt be happier with the sound quality coming from that little guy.

I recently got the Bose wireless Soundlink for x-mas and that thing just blows me away. I have it in my basement and when its on it fills the entire room up. The quality, cliarity, sound, bass is awesome. The pricetag is steep at $300 but boy does it work well.

4. FooDog11 macrumors newbie

I, too, have really enjoyed and been impressed by the Monster Clarity HD. I have used it on my car dashboard for road trips, in hotel rooms while traveling, and for outdoor parties in our pretty large backyard. The volume and sound quality have been plenty good enough in all situations, the size makes it usable anywhere, and the battery seems to last forever.

5. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

6. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Not quite sure how it compares to the Creative, but I got the Logitech Wireless Boombox for iPad which I've been REALLY happy with. It's small enough to fit in a bag and doesn't weigh much. Sound is good and clear (very good bass IF you plug it in - battery powered it's still good too though), battery life is awesome, and range hasn't been an issue. I basically agree with everything in that iLounge review.

I was initially considering the Jawbone Jambox but decided extra audio quality was worth a larger unit—and portability hasn't been any issue at all anyway. Also it was half the price (was on sale at Best Buy). :)