Looking for your opinion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by c17guy, Nov 24, 2011.

1. c17guy macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

First post:apple:! First off, thanks for the contribution to the forum, this site helped me a lot in choosing to purchase my first Macbook Pro, an Early 2011 15inch 2.2Ghz i7. I currently use it on the road while traveling, and docked up to my Cinema Display at the house as my desktop.

After doing a lot of reading, I understand its all about preference with which SSD one purchases. With that being said, I decided to go with the 512GB Crucial M4, without hacking the TRIM.

The question that I come to is whether or not I should do the optibay with the stock hard drive. I don't really use the CD drive at all, so leaving it as a USB plugin works for me. If I do this, how do you guys manage to keep what you want on which hard drive? Obviously I'd like to use the SSD for my OS and all my apps. Is there a way to differentiate which hard drive to install to? Thanks again for the input, I'll be sure to keep this thread open for all my future questions when it comes to install time.

2. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Yes.

That's like asking what color you should paint your house. If the 500gb Crucial isn't big enough and you need more internal storage then that's all you can do. Nobody knows what your needs are but you.