looking forsystem 7.5.3

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by apple tech geek, Oct 23, 2016.

1. apple tech geek macrumors member

apple tech geek

does somebody have system 7.5.3 in floppy size? (19 parts)
    the original on apples site is gone i saw
    and i found one on internet but they come in .image files and winimager cant handle that
    another qeustion
    iam going to upgrade the hdd in my se fdhd to 18.5 gb wil this be a problem with system 7.5?

2. havokalien macrumors 6502a

havokalien

usually need to use a hard disk utility like hard disk toolkit and seperate the hard disk into multiple >2gb partitions. then install 7.5 on the hard disk. Just be aware 7.1 or 7.0 would be better with the low amount of ram the SE has.

3. apple tech geek thread starter macrumors member

apple tech geek

ram isnt a problem i got only 1.5 mb usage on7.5 but how do i partition the hdd? i tought hfs can just use up to 2 tb

4. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

HFS non-plus technically supports very large partitions, but there are limits by operating system. System 7.5.2 and higher on 680x0 systems has a maximum partition size of 4 GB. A PCI Power Mac is required to support 2 TB partitions prior to Mac OS 8.1. However, 8 GB is the maximum partition size that is bootable on Mac OSes prior to Mac OS X, and on systems prior to the Power Mac G4 Digital Audio.

5. havokalien macrumors 6502a

havokalien

Plus you need third party software or patched Apple software to format non apple scsi drives.