Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apple tech geek

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
does somebody have system 7.5.3 in floppy size? (19 parts)
the original on apples site is gone i saw
and i found one on internet but they come in .image files and winimager cant handle that
another qeustion
iam going to upgrade the hdd in my se fdhd to 18.5 gb wil this be a problem with system 7.5?

havokalien

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2006
Kelso, Wa
usually need to use a hard disk utility like hard disk toolkit and seperate the hard disk into multiple >2gb partitions. then install 7.5 on the hard disk. Just be aware 7.1 or 7.0 would be better with the low amount of ram the SE has.

apple tech geek

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
ram isnt a problem i got only 1.5 mb usage on7.5 but how do i partition the hdd? i tought hfs can just use up to 2 tb

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
HFS non-plus technically supports very large partitions, but there are limits by operating system. System 7.5.2 and higher on 680x0 systems has a maximum partition size of 4 GB. A PCI Power Mac is required to support 2 TB partitions prior to Mac OS 8.1. However, 8 GB is the maximum partition size that is bootable on Mac OSes prior to Mac OS X, and on systems prior to the Power Mac G4 Digital Audio.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.