Looking forward to the next revision. When and your predictions or wishlist.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by futuremac, Oct 15, 2008.

1. futuremac macrumors member

I hear January is the next Apple event. Is that true? I hope so, and that they'll rush out the next MBP and ACD revisions with a pro focus.

In order of preference:
    MBP
    • Matt option
    • Cheaper
    • Blu-ray
    • No black border
    • No chiclet keys
    • Offer matt replacement screens at a small cost for the early purchasers
    • A sincere apology
    • Fire all industrial design staff

ACD
    • Matt option
    • 30"
    • No black border

I'm not usually about making a fuss about these things, but Apple needs to get the message loud and clear.

2. migsev macrumors regular

no chance of that happening, is there? they made it clear last night that the notebooks they put out are the direction the company is taking when it comes to new products.:(

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

???
    :rolleyes:
    Really people, get over yourselves.
    It sounds as if Jobs and Ive personally came over and ******d your granny and her dog.

4. Lau Guest

You say that like it's a bad thing.

In order of preference:
    • Jobs to **** granny
    • Ive to **** granny
    • Jobs to **** dog
    • Ive to **** dog
    ;)

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

:D:D:D:D:D
    And then stole the flying ducks off the wall.

6. futuremac thread starter macrumors member

mmmm, nup. I'm a stubborn prick :D

Seriously :mad:

7. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

I can tell you what will probably happen in january...

Apple will sell off its pro software division... :mad:

vSpacken

8. tremendous macrumors 6502

tremendous

thinking realistically, of the things they could do, high res options on the 15" would be good. they're not going to make massive design changes so soon, at all.

but i need a new machine before the next revision is ever likely to happen, so it's moot, really.

9. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

Matte screen won't happen, Apple clearly saw that most computers they sold were Glossy, and that the cost of offering both were higher then losing customers who won't buy glossy.

Cheaper? Why? They aren't that expensive really...

Blue-Ray? Maybe as an option, but for most consumers it would be a waste.

Boarder and chiklet keys, just preferences, the boarders aren't that cool tbh, but the keys rock.

Why would they apologize just cause some 5 year olds are mad?

Next changes will probobly appear sometime in may is my bet :)

10. Logos327 macrumors 6502

I think you are an idiot.

- Matte will not be an option. That is not the direction they want to go in. The two issues of the matte screen are colors and glare. While I am not familiar with color (all I know is everything looks richer and crisper on a glossy display), the glare seems to not be too much of a problem. The early reviews say the laptops can get very bright and eliminate the problem.

- Apple could 'afford' (pardon the pun) to go cheaper but so could BMW, Lexus, and Audi. You are buy a top quality product. If you don't like or can't afford the price, stop bitching and buy a Dell. You don't see people on Mercedes forums bitching about how their cars are too expensive whine whine whine.

- I doubt Apple will ever do Blu-ray. Anyone with a brain knows that digital distribution is the future, and why would apple induce competition to its iTunes offerings. Blu-ray is a nice 5ish-year transition to DD and will be around for people who just have to have a book shelf full of DVDs.

- The border and keys are here to stay until Apple refreshes its design (i.e. white iMacs first transitioning over to aluminum and black to start their new design philosophy). Also it is stupid to argue (non-functional) design because that is a person preference rather than a major issue. And don't tell me the keyboard isn't functional. People who hate the keyboard don't type properly (like to drag their fingers across keys rather than pick them up). Every time I use a different keyboard than my current Dell, it takes some getting used to (some more than others).

- Matte replacement see above

- ********. Why do you think you deserve an apology. This is what I hate about some consumers. Understand that Apple will live (more like thrive) without you and they will be selling millions of glossy displayed, black keyboarded, black bordered MBs and MBPs to people who love them. You do not matter to them and deserve nothing.

- Apple has arguably the best design staff in the nation (if not world). Their products constantly push the envelop of modernism and style.

Grow up and grow some brains.

11. futuremac thread starter macrumors member