Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goinskiing

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Meridian, ID
And I don't mean the bend it with your hands kind of videos...

I want to see the abuses the varying watches can withstand, particularly scratch tests and water tests. Drop tests may not be as realistic since it is a wearable, but it would be interesting to see how it holds up anyways since you could still drop it from taking it off or switching bands.

It'd also be interesting to see stainless steel vs the aluminum sport in these varying tests. I just hope they don't do torture tests on the edition watches, it'd be really hard to watch methinks.

foxkoneko

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2011
will it blend and people dropping it from a building, driving over it with a tank or blast it into space :D

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Don't forget the drop it from a 50 story building test. We all know this will happen to all of us as that is a great time to take your watch off.

Also the freezer and water tests to the extreme!

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
And I don't mean the bend it with your hands kind of videos...

I want to see the abuses the varying watches can withstand, particularly scratch tests and water tests. Drop tests may not be as realistic since it is a wearable, but it would be interesting to see how it holds up anyways since you could still drop it from taking it off or switching bands.

It'd also be interesting to see stainless steel vs the aluminum sport in these varying tests. I just hope they don't do torture tests on the edition watches, it'd be really hard to watch methinks.

The SS model I tried on at the store already had scratches on the casing. Meh, steel, it scratches.

Trickhot3102

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2013
Don't forget the strapping it to fireworks test! Just in case you blow your hand off, you wanna make sure the apple watch survives :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.