Looking Into Buying A Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bexyrexy, Dec 26, 2010.

1. bexyrexy macrumors newbie

I've been looking into buying a macbook pro for awhile now and with Christmas money I finally plan too.
    It won't be my first mac either, I'm just not sure exactly what specs I need.
    I would like to get a 15 in but I don't know which processor, hard drive, or memory to get.
    I use my computer for mainly the internet, skype, and storing photos and editing them along with videos (nothing outside of iMovie or Photoshop Elements). I also play video games, The Sims 3, and World of Warcraft.
    I plan to bring this computer to college with me in 2 years.
    Would it just be smarter to wait until they release their new mac pros? I don't need it immediately.

2. TheNakedMan macrumors member

If you can wait until April, yes.

I would get at least a 512meg video card on the i5.

3. azielhere macrumors newbie

I too am in the same position as bexyrexy, but am looking to get it sooner rather than later. Do they have a conference in January where they will announce it, or do you mean they will announce it in April?

Excuse my lack of knowledge, I've got a very limited knowledge of this sort of matter. Also, what will actually change?

4. TheNakedMan macrumors member

5. iMacThere4Iam macrumors regular

If new MBPs are released in April, it's highly doubtful there'd be any price increase, and of course they'd be more powerful, so I'd wait.