Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newportmac

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2007
After waiting to see what the new iMacs looked like, I am convinced I would be better served buying a Mac Pro even though it is beyond my capabilities right now... I am a little reluctant because of the obviously dated GPU however I need something yesturday.. so now is the time.. Any reason I should not buy from Amazon as it saves me the tax and is about 100 cheaper than the store ($2350 with shipping).. or about 50 bucks more than a refurbished.. thanks for your help!

newportmac

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Do you like to pay taxes?

If not, buy from these guys -

Powermax

I ordered through them, and they've been great --

DZL.

Do I like to pay taxes? why is it that I am thinking of going with Amazon rather than the Apple store again?

Topper

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007
Check out MacMall. 16 configurations

Yes, I would also add to the list...
ClubMac
MacConnection
MacZone
PowerMax
SmallDog

It's good to have all this retailers at your disposal because some will charge you tax if you are in the right (or wrong) state.
For example, MacConnection will charge me tax.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
After waiting to see what the new iMacs looked like, I am convinced I would be better served buying a Mac Pro even though it is beyond my capabilities right now... I am a little reluctant because of the obviously dated GPU however I need something yesturday.. so now is the time.. Any reason I should not buy from Amazon as it saves me the tax and is about 100 cheaper than the store ($2350 with shipping).. or about 50 bucks more than a refurbished.. thanks for your help!

Yeah get it from there...or try with a student discount from Apple.com to see if it's close to what Amazon sells it for and get it from there.

bmat

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2004
East Coast, USA
I got mine from amazon -- the rebates when they have them for apple are online -- so there is no hassle of paperwork and the sleazy rebate companies.

And the delivery is quick, return policy good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.