Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pantoneblack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2009
So I work in retouching/prepress with 5 others and we have a budget to kill before the end of the year and we're looking to get some 30 inch monitors. I've been researching and reading reviews etc for the last day or so but wanted some real world users opinions.
We're looking at spending less than $2500 per monitor here's what we've looked at so far are
The Apple 30in Cinema obviously.
The NEC LCD3090WQXi which has really nice color calibration control but I've never seen one.
There's the Dell Ultrasharp 3008WFP but I've heard the others do have better color.
or anything else I'm missing and haven't read about. Anyone use one of these or something better?
Also, side note, we're on 2x2.66GHz Duel Core Intel Xeon with the RadeonX1900 so we'll need another graphics card to support our second monitor, any suggestions for that?

Wehrwolf

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2009
I was the proud owner of a 30"ACD for about 5 days before returning it and getting the LED ACD. Can't help much with the displays, but for video cards, I would suggest a Radeon 4870 (it sounds like you're on a first gen Mac Pro, so that would be the best card available short of a Quadro.) IIRC, the base 7300GT was also capable of driving at least one 30" ACD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.