Looking to buy a Mac notebook. Which one is best for me?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wishman35, Jun 21, 2009.

1. wishman35 macrumors regular

I am a college student on a small budget so I am guessing only the MacBook or base Macbook Pro would be possible here.

Are either of them capable of running World of Warcraft ( i know :rolleyes: )
    smoothly??

I havent been keeping up, is there only one MacBook now, with that being the white plastic one?

I just need a smooth running WoW, and the rest is just net use and typing.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

2. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Whats the previous computer you were running WoW on? My Friend has a White MacBook and it seems to run fine, don't know about the level of settings though. Theres not much difference from the White MacBook and the Base 13" MacBook Pro as they have the same GPU inside.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

WoW should run smoothly on any Mac. White MB will be enough but if you like MBP's design more get that one. I think your budget doesn't allow you to buy 2.66GHz MBP with 9600GT, but if you're satisfied with med/high settings 9400M is okay

4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

If you're really on a tight budget, you may want to look at your local craigslist to see if you can find a deal on a unibody macbook or white macbook (just make sure any white one you look at has the nvidia 9400 card).