Looking to buy a new mouse for iMac - Magic Mouse or What?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SquirrellyMcGee, Nov 28, 2009.

1. SquirrellyMcGee macrumors newbie

Hey, I'm looking to buy a new mouse I've got the mighty mouse right now but it's not that great. I have tried looking on forums but haven't really found anything that recent or that I think I would like. I've looked at the :apple: magic mouse, but reviews don't sound that great. Any ideas for a good mouse? Comfortable and buttons on the side are good. I like the idea of padding like on the G7 Laser Mouse, but its not mac supported. Any others like it?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

there are literally thousands of mice out there. It all depends on what kind of things you are looking for.

3. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Logitec 'Anywhere' USB mouse, the best mouse on the market right now.

I've literally tried them all. Bluetooth imo isn't that great in any mouse compared to USB, the Anywhere mouse is very comfortable and precise.

4. Laurencia7 macrumors 6502

5. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I used the Magic Mouse a few times and I really liked it. If I had a need for a mouse, I would get it in a heart beat.

6. galaxy121 macrumors member

I love my magic mouse .... actually I dont know if I can use any other mouse now lol

7. Willi Gofarr macrumors newbie

Got bog-standard £5 ones from Woolies and find them perfect! Just the right weight, decent length of cable, good action on the buttons, and (very) cheap!

Tried the famous Logitech MX Revolution and just found it far too heavy at times and I'd catch buttons that I didn't mean to.

8. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I adore my magic mouse. I didn't like it for the first hour I owned it and I hated all previous apple mice, but with the magic mouse they got it right.

Its so hard going back to a regular mouse. I prefer it over my mx revolution. Magic Mouse + Better Touch Tool = Flawless.

9. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

magic mouse is an embarrassing concept that apple should be ashamed of.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I used a Magic Mouse, didn't like it because it was laggy and difficult to use, something I now attribute to the poor bluetooth on my Mac Pro. I use the Magic Mouse on the iMac which isn't bad at all.

Though my favorite mouse still remains to be the Logitech Peformance Mouse MX. It's a bit pricier than your average mice, but it is very comfortable to use and without a doubt very precise and usable.