Looking to buy a new mouse for iMac - Magic Mouse or What?

SquirrellyMcGee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
Hey, I'm looking to buy a new mouse I've got the mighty mouse right now but it's not that great. I have tried looking on forums but haven't really found anything that recent or that I think I would like. I've looked at the :apple: magic mouse, but reviews don't sound that great. Any ideas for a good mouse? Comfortable and buttons on the side are good. I like the idea of padding like on the G7 Laser Mouse, but its not mac supported. Any others like it?

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
Logitec 'Anywhere' USB mouse, the best mouse on the market right now.

I've literally tried them all. Bluetooth imo isn't that great in any mouse compared to USB, the Anywhere mouse is very comfortable and precise.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
I used the Magic Mouse a few times and I really liked it. If I had a need for a mouse, I would get it in a heart beat.

Willi Gofarr

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2009
London and New York
Got bog-standard £5 ones from Woolies and find them perfect! Just the right weight, decent length of cable, good action on the buttons, and (very) cheap!

Tried the famous Logitech MX Revolution and just found it far too heavy at times and I'd catch buttons that I didn't mean to.

chrono1081

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I adore my magic mouse. I didn't like it for the first hour I owned it and I hated all previous apple mice, but with the magic mouse they got it right.

Its so hard going back to a regular mouse. I prefer it over my mx revolution. Magic Mouse + Better Touch Tool = Flawless.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I used a Magic Mouse, didn't like it because it was laggy and difficult to use, something I now attribute to the poor bluetooth on my Mac Pro. I use the Magic Mouse on the iMac which isn't bad at all.

Though my favorite mouse still remains to be the Logitech Peformance Mouse MX. It's a bit pricier than your average mice, but it is very comfortable to use and without a doubt very precise and usable.