Looking to buy an ACD on sale?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mac17, Jun 23, 2007.

1. mac17 macrumors regular

i just bought a new 20" samsung display a few months ago but now im looking at the 20" apple cinema display and im drooling, so im thinking about selling mine on ebay and going for an ACD. I know that they are due for an update and i want to know, from past experience does apple sell their displays on sale when they upgrade on their online stores for allot cheaper or do they only sell the newer ones?
    ps: could someone who has one let me know if its worth the price?
    thanks.

2. ghettochild macrumors regular

I picked up a 20" ACD at my university bookstore a couple of weeks ago for $550. It's really nice and it was money well spent.

3. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

Apple does not discount displays

Apple has never "sold off" older displays in a sale or discount program.

They have dropped prices, and did so recently. I personally do not expect further price drops and I still believe we are six months away from new displays.

One's best deal ususally comes through education pricing, if one can qualify, or from Apple's refurbished area in the online store: I would not hesitate to buy a refurb from Apple. Reburbs carry the same warranty as new and are completely inspected before sale, with any non-new parts being replaced.

You'll love the ACD.