Looking to buy an Apple Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gazfocus, Jan 21, 2008.

1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I am going to be ordering a MBP when they are updated, and want to order an ACD to use with it.

Do you think that the ACD's are being updated within the first half of this year? My main concern is the price. I am looking at the 23" ACD and it is £599 whereas the HP 22" I have at the moment only cost me £229 last year (But it's no ACD).

Please let me know your thoughts

2. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

Do you have to have an ACD?
    There are better and cheaper displays out there, they just aren't made by Apple.

And yeah, the ACD are due for an update soon.

3. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Thanks for your reply. I would prefer an ACD if I'm honest. As I said, I already have a HP W2207 22" monitor but eventually I will be buying either an iMac or a Mac Pro, and if I buy the Mac Pro, I will want both monitors to be the same, and I like the design of the ACDs

4. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

5. macgruder macrumors 6502

Yes, the 23" is a S-IPS monitor making it one of the very best. In fact, it is about the cheapest S-IPS monitor you can buy. Or to put it another way: no monitor cheaper than the ACD 23" will have noticeably better quality, but there are a lot of monitors way more expensive that have a similar quality. In fact, I think only NEC make a S-IPS monitor of 24" and it costs $1100. That's the monitor you need to be comparing the ACD against.

6. supercooled macrumors 6502a

Haha, you are funny.

This is a question best answered by you. Value is a subjective thing, especially with the ACD.

You said you want them to look the same so in that case, no other companies make a monitor that would best match your Mac Pro other than Apple and their ACDs.