Looking to buy an iMac to make music

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ohlund, Dec 2, 2007.

1. ohlund macrumors newbie

Hi, I live in Canada and I'm looking into buying a 20" 2.4Ghz iMac, specifically for making music, but I have a few questions that I haven't been able to find the answer to, so here they are:

1.) Is it worth buying an iMac now, or waiting until the Macworld Conference & Expo?

I know that they just released the silver style macs sometime last summer, leopard recently came out as well, and Logic 8 was released recently too, so to me it doesn't seem like the iMac would be getting any special upgrades, but you're the mac experts, so you tell me.

2.) Are there any cons with the wireless Mightymouse?

3.) Am I able to buy an iMac with custom specs (i.e. not the default ones) from a "certified mac dealership", such as 'Simply Computing' (in BC)? Or would it make more sense to order it online?

The only problem I have with ordering it online is that I'll obviously want to exchange the iMac if it has the condensation/yellowy screen issues and I don't really want to wait 2 weeks or whatever for a new one to get here.

4.) For any Canadians, in your experience how truthful is the 5-7 business day shipping estimate?

Thanks!

2. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

1) iMac, Mac Mini and MacBooks are the most recently updated products. No new iMacs in January. Mac Pro, Cinema Display, MacBook Pro, iPhone (sorta) - lots more likely.

2) Wired Mighty Mouse is a piece of crap. I can only assume a wireless Mighty Mouse is a wireless piece of crap.

:p

3) I'm not Canadian :(

4) See above