Looking to buy External Monitor

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by strikefreedom, Apr 25, 2009.

1. strikefreedom macrumors newbie

Hey all,

New to the mac world, i was hoping to get a external monitor to dual link up to my new macbook...hoping to use the monitor to watch movies while mac to browse around. So hoping what you guys recommend?

2. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Any widescreen Dell monitor. I've got the 2208WFP connected via DVI and the USB hub on it via USB 2.0, and (when I got it) it was only $220. I'd only be happier with a 30'' ACD.

3. Illicit macrumors 6502

4. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...there's plenty too choose from in that price range...shop around...

5. karatekidk macrumors regular

I am a happy user of Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA. There are some threads on this forum. Definitely worth checking out.

6. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

I've been a long time acer user and I love them. A lot of monitor for the price.

7. strikefreedom thread starter macrumors newbie

hey thanks for the ideas...i was wondering is the ACD really gd? it's reflective?

8. The Hammer macrumors regular

The answer to both your questions is yes.

9. strikefreedom thread starter macrumors newbie

ah ok. I guess the ACD is highly recommended.

10. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

It is highly recommended considering what you are using it for. If you are using it just for you macbook, obviously there isn't going to be a better option to match the macbook. But if you wanted more inputs, like DVI, Component, or even HDMI for consoles or whatever, then you have to look elsewhere.

11. strikefreedom thread starter macrumors newbie

ah ok, yea i'm just going to link it up with the macbook, to watch movies and play games possibly.

12. xhambonex macrumors 6502a

The ACDs look great, and are very nice monitors but the seriously lack versatility in connection. They are professional monitors intended for just that kind of use. I don't want to pay that much and only have one thing hooked up at once. I like my Samsung with 2 hdmi, dvi, vga, component, audio, cable. It isn't the professional level of the ACD, but I would rather have all that. Just how I view it.

For what you do you don't need the accuracy of an ACD and you can get a full HD monitor for a better price from a different brand.