Looking to buy first apple product

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by beatles441, Apr 9, 2008.

1. beatles441 macrumors newbie

Now, I have never purchased an apple product ever, but recently I decided I wanted to buy an ipod. I have looked every where for this information but I could not find it. My question is this, where can I find an ipod with an invisibleshield or something equivalent pre-installed. I don't mind if its used or new.

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

You won't be able to find a new iPod with something protective already on it, but certainly you could find somebody around here with one to sell I bet. Why not just put it on yourself? It's not that hard.

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

your not going to be able to buy a new ipod with an invisible shield already on. you may be able to find a used one on ebay with a shield already on. I would just buy a new one if thats what you want and put the invisible shield on yourself, its really not that hard

4. beatles441 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, I wasnt sure if looking for a seller on here was permitted. I don't have a lot of patience for fine tuning things like an invisible shield lol

5. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

it is but you have to have a certain amount of posts before you are allowed to post in the market place forum (100)

6. beatles441 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, I appreciate the answers. One last thing, do you know any company or person who will install them for a fee?

7. hppenterprises macrumors newbie

beatles,
    you've come to the right place for answers, though. Like everyone else said, I don't think you'll find a new one with a shield pre-installed.

When looking for a shield, there are lots of products out there, and some are really cheap - but I recommend the InvisibleShield (from ShieldZone or Zagg). They have a lifetime warranty so if it tears or scratches you can get it replaced.

8. matperk macrumors 6502

It's really not that bad to install on your own, and with the Invisible Shields you get a liquid spray that you put on to keep the adhesive from sticking while you apply and it dries out overnight. So you can work it until it's just how you like it, then just let it sit, and it's attached for good.