Looking To Buy iphone Swapping Sim Cards?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Newtech13, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Newtech13 macrumors newbie

I am already an att customer and have recently upgraded to the new Razr2 V9. I was wondering if I can just add the $20 pkg and swap the sim card between my V9 and the iphone?

2. sJv macrumors regular

If you have a standard AT&T plan that you are happy with and don't mind starting over with 2yr contract, I would activate your iPhone the usual way using iTunes. iTunes will figure out you are an existing customer, and ask you if you want to migrate your existing phone number to the new iPhone. After it's set up, then you can swap the iPhone SIM between phones easily.

The other approach is to activate the iphone using something like INdependence, then use the RAZR SIM in it, but the first approach would be better.

-steve

3. PDE macrumors 68020

I have a marginally related question: I'm also an ATT customer with an older plan (pre-cingular ATT). I just assumed that I had to unlock the phone in order to use that old blue ATT SIM - did I not need to? Could I have just activated it with independence and then put my SIM in there?
    '
    Of course I'd like to swap sims abroad so I'd probably unlock anyway, but it would be nice to know so that I know if I need repair and have to go to the apple store...

Thanks...

4. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

I have a similar question. Can I activate AT&T service, migrating from Verizon, while getting a RAZR and then transfer that service to an iPhone? Or will AT&T then want the RAZR back?

TIA!

(I tried the forum search and this was the closest thread I found.....so apologies if this has already been asked 1000 times, as I fear it has been....)

5. Newtech13 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a similar question. Can I activate AT&T service, migrating from Verizon, while

Get the Razr when you transfer your service, then once your svc is working go buy the iphone. When you activate the iphone you are just re-signing a 2 yr contract. Doesn't matter that you just switched.

6. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

FYI I activated my iphone using my broadband connect sim from AT&T bypassing having to sign up for their iphone plan.