Looking To Buy My First Mac!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by svalentine, Apr 29, 2007.

1. svalentine macrumors regular

Heres a little background information about me. I have owned a PC my whole life and never really used a mac. I'm sick of always reformating, I'm sick of driver problems and I'm sick of not being able to use it without running into some type of problem. I always supported the PC, because I used to be a pretty big PC gamer, which I have lost intrest in. When I game I either use my PS3 or Wii. Also, I enjoy music, pictures, movie watching, surfing the web and creating my own music.

I know the current Mac Book Pro has been out for about a year and this year a new update should come out. Things would I would love to see in the new ProBook would be:

1) Blu-ray support. I know Apple is part of the BDA, so its very possible.
    2) 1920 x 1200. Max Screen Res.
    3) Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard installed
    4) Santa Rosa Processor (Supposed to be available in the first half of 2007)

Do you guys think these are possible features for a new probook?

2. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

I'd say all of them are very possible...I'd also add that a large boost in price would happen as well! I want to see the macbooks with a video card, then I'll be happy!

3. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

I highly doubt the prices will change. And I really can't see the MacBook's getting a dedicated GPU, thats the main thing that sets the MacBook Pro's above the MacBook's.

4. whateverandever macrumors 6502a

I'd say none of them are except the Santa Rosa chipset.

5. whateverandever macrumors 6502a

It's not happening anytime soon, at least not as a stock config. I don't think there are any slot-loading drives in production that are short enough to fit the 15" MPB. I've heard there was one that would fit in the 17", but my memory could be failing me. Either way, they're too expensive to be practical.

Won't happen for sure in 15" MBPs. Possibly an upgrade option on 17".

Depends on when the next upgrade of the MBP line-up comes out.

This is pretty much the only guaranteed wish on your list. There's no possibility for a speed-bump upgrade at the moment, so the next line-up of MBP upgrades will be based on Santa Rosa.

6. Kosamus macrumors newbie

To buy?

I have the money for a macbook pro, but this site says not to buy one because of upgrades coming. Are they talking about all these upgrades that are delayed till the end of 07? Would it be smart to buy one now or wait till 08? btw, I never bought a mac before and 3G is alot to spend if its just going to be outdated.

7. drumforfun19 macrumors regular

drumforfun19

Not to be pesimistic, but I think you're going to be waiting for a while. Till at least Oct, or Nov.