Looking to buy some CDJ's....assistance needed.

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by marddin, Dec 12, 2010.

1. marddin macrumors 6502

I am looking to buy 2 CDJ's and a mixer to begin mixing electronic music at my house during house parties and such and also just for personal enjoyment.

I plan on using a mixture of CD's and music straight from my MacBook Pro. I know certain CDJ's and mixers are good for CD's or vice versa.

Pretty much I could really use some help in figuring out what I need to buy. I don't think I can buy new so used or craiglist is going to be my best bet. If I can find a good deal then I will buy new.

If you have had any experience with CDJ's, Mixers, Ect. please help me out here.

Thanks guys, Martin

2. newuser2310 macrumors regular

Pioneer cdj1000/2000 are industry standard but are expensive new and hold their value in the second hand market.

I would personally go for some middle of the range pioneer or denon. They should have the quality of the pricier models but will be lacking in some of the fancy features.

The Pioneer DJM mixers are pretty common in clubvs as well. I personally don't rate them as I find they have a cheap, plastic feel.

For a beginner such as yourself something like a xzone 22 should suffice. Its a good quality mixer with out going crazy on budget.

http://www.allen-heath.co.uk/uk/xone22.asp

I'm in a similar situation, I want to get some new decks and start mixing again.

But buy cheap buy twice!

hth

3. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply,

I've done some research and you seem to be correct about industry and club standard. Like you said I am a beginner so I am going to try and get some second hand Pioneer CDJ 400's, I found some cheap 800 MK2's but although its a better CDJ it doesnt have effects like JET,WAH, and ROLL on the 400.

Also I will look into the mixer you suggested, but a lot of the bundles I've found include the DJM-400. So I Will keep researching.

One last questions, I've searched craiglists and ebay, any other places I should be looking.

Thanks again for the help.

4. HighTopFade macrumors regular

HighTopFade

I notice the 400 and the 800 models are the most recommended for first timers.

5. newuser2310 macrumors regular

The djm mixers are good, i just personally don't like them.

Like any other second hand electronic device; make sure you test it out and make sure everything works before purchase!
    :)