Looking to buy soon!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Pollic02, Jun 20, 2011.

  1. Pollic02 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2011
    #1
    Hey everyone,

    Its time for me to buy a new mac! Ive been waiting for lion to be released so the time is coming near. Anyway my budget is around $2,500 and ill mostly be working with adobe suite/fcs editing hd footage and maybe some 3D footage soon. So here are my options so far...keep in mind I will be adding 16 gb to each set up within a few months of purchase:

    21.5 in 2.8 i7 w/ 1 tb + 256 SSD or

    27 in. 3.4 i7 w/ 2GB graphics card or

    wait for base model new mac pro and load with ram.

    Your thoughts?
     
  2. soco macrumors 68030

    soco

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2009
    Location:
    Yardley, PA
    #2
    I say go with the upcoming iPod Nano. Call me crazy, but I sense something up their sleeves. Or rather, below it just under the cuff.

    SeewhereI'mgoingwiththis?
     
  3. MacVibe macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2009
    #3
    A nano may fit his needs perfectly, who knows?
     
  4. darknite38 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2010
    #4
    The iPod Shuffle baseline 2gb refurbished may be his best bet!
     
  5. Pollic02 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2011
    #5
    the new nano can run fcs? maybe ill save my money and just get that. thanks!
     
  6. baysmith macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2007
    Location:
    West Coast BC
    #6
    Go with the SSD option for best performance. The 27" is perfect for CS work.
     
  7. omicron macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2011
    #7
    Are you going to do CG? IF any software you use WILL take advantage of a graphics card for rendering output then go with the graphics card.

    Although I will say that SSDs are quite nice. They cut my Windows boot time from 3 minutes to 30 seconds. This is from power on to actually being able to click on something and load that program.
     
  8. Pollic02 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2011
    #8
    Right now im leaning towards the better graphics, and my reason/question is this...If I wait for an external ssd with thunderbolt, can I boot osx and run apps from the ssd and use the internal hdd for storage?
     
  9. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 17, 2011
    #9
    With $2,500, you can go with a base model of Mac Pro if you have a display.
     
  10. Pollic02 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2011
    #10
    yeah idk if i can wait much longer! maybe if i knew the definite specs of the new mac pro it might convince me to wait
     

Share This Page