Looking to BUY!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nutella-addict, May 25, 2012.

1. nutella-addict macrumors member

nutella-addict

i would love to have an iPod touch 4G 8GB OR 32GB either one but have a tight budget. i would like to possibly buy one with say a broken screen or something then repair it cuz usually they are cheaper if theyre broken, right? Anyhow, where could I buy one like this. Ebay and Amazon are really irritating me since their broken ipods are crap but cost the same price if not more than the really good new ones! i have searched google over and over and have found NOTHING! my price range is anywhere up to $100 at most. preferably only like $40. and i mean this cuz my parents wont buy me one so i will have to come up with moola myself. which is VERY hard for me :rolleyes:but anyhow, what might the best sites an stores be that have used/broken iPod touch 4Gs 8GB or 32GB for only about $50/60?? i will anxiously await responses...

2. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

You have to take a step back, and be realistic. You are not getting a 32GB iPod touch for $150, infact you are not getting any iPod touch for that amount of money. Im 13, and ill admit that, to get my stuff I saved up. You should do the same, save up the $200 for a BRAND NEW iPod touch. If your father works for the state you can get a 8% discount. Just dont go around buying broken ones, what if you cant fix it? What now? Your out the money.

3. nutella-addict thread starter macrumors member

nutella-addict

I am 11 and my dad doesn't work for the state but my birthday is coming up and hopefully I will get money then. How much do the 32GB cost? $200 like you said or is that for the 8GB. I guess I could look this stuff online real easy...

----------

holy crap. the 32gbs are 270something. i only have $8.00 + like maybe $20-40 from a yardsale, plus however much money I will get for my birthday which will probably only be like $40-50. thats not hardly 100! what am I supposed to do!! :mad:

----------

I have even come up with some plan to save money but I'm gonna come out about 170 bucks short. I'm a little upset.... okay ALOT upset... :mad::eek::eek::(:confused:

4. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

Your choices are:
    A: Accept an iPod touch is out of your budget
    B: Save for the next 2 years
    C: Buy a broken one, and pray you can fix it.

Pick one..

5. Techwriter macrumors regular

You can also keep an eye on the Apple.com website's refurbished page. Prices range from $149 and up. For that price you get a new back and battery, plus a one year warranty. They are a good deal if you can't afford a new one.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod/ipod_touch

I understand you are young and anxious to buy. With Summer here, have you considered ways of earning extra cash? When i was a kid, we found odd jobs to pay for our toys, including babysitting, washing cars, washing windows, mowing the grass. You would need your parents permission, but it's just a thought!