looking to change my bitesms icon

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rick snagwell, Feb 27, 2011.

1. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

so i have icon2x-2.png...a custom iphone 4 bitesms icon...wanna use it instead of the standard one. how to i change this?

i fully understand ssh....thanks for any help.

2. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

Create a folder in your bundles folder called "com.bitesms" (Without the quotes) and put the icon there. Respring and you new icon should be there :)

3. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

i created the folder with the png in it, put that folder in NixHD/bundles

and respringed...nothing happened???

4. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

the icon name should be icon@2x.png

Then, go in to Winterboard. Unselect and re-select your theme and exit Winterboard. Should definitely work now

5. kre62 macrumors 68000

You need winterboard for that to work. Just copy the file into the biteSMS folder with the name icon@2x.png. /Applications/biteSMS/

Theres no need to use Winterboard to simply change one icon, just do it manually as I suggested.

6. thewiccaman macrumors member

thewiccaman

Search for BiteSMS in Cydia: there's a variety of new icons there, one in BigBoss repo to change it from pink to green.

Hope this helps :D

7. kre62 macrumors 68000

You need winterboard for all those, no need to have WB for one icon, just change it manually.

8. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

btw, isn't NixHD just a Winterboard Lockscreen? You need a theme for your Springboard for the bundle trick to work, if you're not running a Springboard theme and WB just replace the icon as kre62 says - but be prepared to replace it every time BiteSMS is updated =)

9. thewiccaman macrumors member

thewiccaman

I'm relatively new to jailbreaking but don't understand why one wouldn't want Winterboard? So far it has proved really useful to me, not least for solving the BiteSMS pink icon ...

10. kre62 macrumors 68000

It can cause memory leakage, slowdowns, battery drain, etc. Note that I said CAN CAUSE not WILL CAUSE before all the Winterboard champions come whine at me that its AOK.

For reference, I have WB installed on my phone and have no issues. But if someone only wants to change one icon, theres no reason to install WB just for that and risk complications. Just change it manually.